Author Topic: How to Overcome Challenges and Obstacles as an Entrepreneur  (Read 1845 times)

Nura Aminu

• View Profile
How to Overcome Challenges and Obstacles as an Entrepreneur

The day you make up your mind to start a business, that’s the day your name will be written in the ‘’book of world changers’’.  Being an entrepreneur isn’t as easy as some people think. If it was, we would have a high number of job opportunities.

If you’re an entrepreneur or small business owner reading this content, congratulations! You’re indeed a blessing to the world.

Without mincing words, here are 9 ways to overcome obstacles and limitations as an entrepreneur.

1.     Move with Positive Thinkers
If you’re surrounded with positive minded people, you’ll focus more on achieving your dreams even when the going seems tough.  If you move with negative minded people, your mind would be corrupted, and soon enough you’ll lose zeal and focus.

Ignore naysayers and build a network of positive minded people. Don’t make ‘’anyhow’’ friends, build relationships with people that share the same goal and vision.

2.     Go Back to Your Roots
It’s easy to lose focus and start doubting your mission as an entrepreneur. Anytime you feel like you’re discouraged, don’t give in. Go back to your roots and re-think (or re-analyze) on why you started the business at the first place.

Write down your goals and put them on the wall (a visible area), and meditate on it.

Soon enough, you’d be energized and more determined to face any obstacle.

3.     Don’t Give Up, Keep Trying

Do you think we would have been able to have all the nice and beautiful things we have today if people like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and Steve Jobs had given up their businesses?

Mark Zuckerberg and Larry Page started from a University dormitory but today, they control the biggest firms in the world. I know it’s not easy to be an entrepreneur but, you must understand that it is not where you are that matters, but where you’re going.

Keep trying even when the going seems tough. Never give up!

Pro tip: Be persistent. Keep trying and with time, you’d experience that breakthrough you’ve always wanted.

4.     Change Your Thoughts–Meditate on the Right Things
Thoughts are pictures or images of the mind with constructive or destructive meaning. They are machines of the mind that can either grow or destroy your business. Your thoughts determine whether you’re go far in business or not.

If you desire to become a world-celebrated entrepreneur, change your thoughts!

Re-frame your thoughts by moving with positive thinkers, reading inspirational and motivational books, listening to inspirational messages, and meditating on the right materials.

Pro tip: Change your thoughts and become a successful entrepreneur.

5.     Change your Perception Towards Challenges
Challenges are your best business partners so, don’t see challenges as a personal affront; see it as a stepping stone to your promotion.

6.     Don’t Overwork Yourself–Outsource

As an entrepreneur, you like doing everything 24/7. Not only are you doing what you love, you’re also working on projects you’re not good at. If you’re someone like this, my advice to you today is to outsource the areas you’re weak at to save eons of time.

Pro tip: This may sound stupid or absurd but it’s the truth, you’ll be more productive if you outsource your weaknesses (the things you’re not good at).

7.     Make Tenacity your Friend
‘’Where there’s a will, there’s a way”…

My top tip for overcoming limitations as an entrepreneur is to believe in YOU. If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will! Believe that there’s nothing you can’t achieve.

Stand up tall and say, ”I believe in the possibility of a bright future”.

8.     Think BIG!
The universe does not support small dreams.  Make your dream big so that the universe would be part of it.

9.     Work Smarter, Not Harder
When I first started out online as a guest blogger, I worked so hard and within the space of 4 months, I published over 100 guest posts. After about 3 weeks, I met a fellow entrepreneur (a guest blogger) who doesn’t write as much as I do, but gets a large chunk of organic traffic and makes 5 figures guest blogging.

Source: http://under30ceo.com/how-to-overcome-challenges-and-obstacles-as-an-entrepreneur/