Author Topic: 10 strategies to increase your creativity and innovation  (Read 1745 times)

Priya

• View Profile
10 strategies to increase your creativity and innovation
« on: June 16, 2019, 12:28:27 PM »
10 strategies to increase your creativity and innovation

Now that you understand the various levels of creativity, you can implement some strategies that will boost your company’s ability to create and innovate.

1. Truly creative people have developed their ability to observe and use all of their senses, something which can get dull over time. Take time to “sharpen the blade” and take everything in.
   2. Innovation is based on knowledge. Therefore, you need to continually expand your knowledge base. Read things you don’t normally read.
   3. Your perceptions may limit your reasoning. Be careful about how you’re perceiving things. Defer judgment.
   4. Practise guided imagery so you can “see” a concept come to life.
   5. Let your ideas “incubate” by taking a break from them. For example, when I’m working on a big business project, one of the best things I can do to take a break from it is play my guitar  or take a ride on my motorcycle. It shifts my brain into another place and helps me be more innovative and creative.
   6. Experience as much as you can. Exposure puts more ideas into your subconscious. Actively seek out new experiences to broaden your experience portfolio.
   7. Treat patterns as part of the problem. Recognising a new pattern is very useful but be careful not to become part of it.
   8. Redefine the problem completely. One of the lines I’ve been sharing is: “Your problem is not the problem; there is another problem. When you define the real problem, you can solve it and move on.” If you had correctly defined the real problem, you would have solved it long ago because all problems have solutions.
   9. Look where others aren’t looking to see what others aren’t seeing.
   10.  Come up with ideas at the beginning of the innovation process… and then stop. Many times, we come up with several ideas and start innovating. Then we come up with more ideas and never get a single idea done. At some point, you have to turn off the idea generation part of the process and really work on the innovation and execution part to bring a project to life.

Source: https://leaderonomics.com/business/creativity-innovation-successful-organisation