Author Topic: Tech-I Finalists Will Compete for more than $230,000 USD in Startup Resources  (Read 1893 times)

monowarkamal

• View Profile
Tech-I Finalists Will Compete for more than $230,000 USD in Startup Resources

Share This:

Submitted by GIST STAFF on Fri, 2018-11-09 15:26
November 09, 2018

The U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce that Amazon Web Services (AWS) will provide more than $200,000 worth of AWS credits for the upcoming GIST Tech-I competition finals. This will be in addition to the prize pool of more $35,000 USD in seed capital for the winners.

The GIST Tech-I competition seeks to highlight young science and technology entrepreneurs across the globe. Entrepreneurs from around the world submit applications online which are then reviewed by experts and scored. The top 100 applications will go on to an online public vote and the applications that receive the highest combined score of votes and expert review go on to the finals.

The 2019 GIST Tech-I finals will be held at the Global Entrepreneurship Congress, In Bahrain. Finalists will undergo intense business training before pitching their idea or startup in front of an expert panel of judges for prizes, including seed capital. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to apply for your chance to get to the finals. The deadline of November 23, 2018 is fast approaching. Apply now at http://www.gistnetwork.org/GISTTechI2019

This year, Amazon Web Services has generously agreed to provide AWS credits to add to the total prize pool. Startups and entrepreneurs can use AWS credits on tech training and cloud computing platforms – critical capabilities for startups using technologies like artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things or data analysis.

This year’s AWS credit prize amounts are:

1st Place Startup: $50,000 in AWS credits
2nd Place Startup: $20,000 in AWS credits
3rd Place Startup: $15,000 in AWS credits
1st Place Idea: $25,000 in AWS credits
2nd Place Idea: $15,000 in AWS credits
3rd Place Idea: $10,000 in AWS credits
Outstanding Female Entrepreneur: $25,000 in AWS credits
Spirit of Tech-I: $5,000 in AWS credits
Finally, Amazon Web Services will award each of the finalists $1,500 in AWS credits. Capital seed prize amounts will be published closer to the time of the finals.

In total, the 2019 GIST Tech-I competition will award over prizes totaling more than $230,000 USD in startup resources, thanks to Amazon Web Services.

http://www.gistnetwork.org/content/tech-i-finalists-will-compete-more-230000-usd-startup-resources?fbclid=IwAR0GsURqRrVWxcdEE0kgAIDYyWXcnRWNsCdANkDVNzGYCqfv2txYc7aslgU